Inspired by a note Nerro wrote and a post by Meto, I am writing 100 facts about me :) See how much you know me ;)
1. Am a 29-year old Egyptian girl.
2. I am bad in English but people think I am good because of my British accent.
3. I always question my sincerity in everything I do.
4. My favorite colour is purple (with all its shades), second favorite colour is blue, third favorite colour is white.
5. I am an optimist.
6. I fell in love twice, had not so many crushes (less than 15 in all my life).
7. I believe watching T.V. is mostly a waste of time.
8. I like men with short beards.
9. I do not watch horror movies.
10. I wish I had lighter-colored eyes.
11. I hope I’d live in a very modest hut either on a beautiful beach or in a forest with running streams.
12. I have many contradictions inside; patience and impatience, naïve and shrewd…etc.
13. I am stupid (as in slow in understanding).
14. I like having the place around me tidied and organized but I cannot always keep it this way.
15. I had a crush on Mustafa Qamar and Backstreet Boys for years.
16. With some people, I am positive they love me.
17. I don’t go to entertainment parks (like Dream Park) – I get scared!
18. I love the sea the most… and fear it the most.
19. I have three sisters, 3 nephews and a niece.
20. I can’t open up completely to male friends.
21. “You’ve Got Mail” and “City of Angels” are my favorite movies.
22. I intend to memorise the Quran.
23. I have a very weak memory.
24. I always get a headache after watching a movie in movie theatres.
25. I don’t like my eyelashes.
26. I drive a Nissan Sunny (a mauve shade) and call it Misty.
27. I don’t have a specific favorite flower but I love lilies, callas and daisies.
28. I used to play volleyball back in school.
29. I was very popular in primary school.
30. I have LOTS of nicknames: “Dodo, Dooda, Doodz, Mayo, Mayouda, Mermaid, Maya, Mazza…etc.)
31. Pineapple is my favorite juice followed by orange, then peach.
32. I can be cold when I choose to be (yes, cold!)
33. I do not curse (I cursed around 3-4 times in the past four years.)
34. I freak out and panic when somebody praises me.
35. I am a fighter.
36. I am persistent and snobbishly look down upon non-persistent people.
37. Some people call me arrogant.
38. I can hide my feelings when I choose to.
39. I love chocolate. Lindt (all kinds except Black) and Toblerone Black are my favorites.
40. If I ever get married, I won’t buy a BIG wedding dress, just a very simple one. I won’t have a big wedding party, just a nice morning reception on a fine October day.
41. I cry easily when I see others cry.
42. I like being treated like a lady.
43. Within, I have both savage and very refined manners.
44. I do not follow singers’ or actors’ news and I cannot grasp how some people do!
45. I speak Arabic and English, can read Italian very well, and know some French.
46. I went to Cyprus, South Africa, Turkey and KSA.
47. I try to give the impression that I am bold. But deep inside, I am shy.
48. My favorite spot on earth is the Prophet’s mosque in Medinah.
49. I like pampering myself (by candies, body lotions, watching my favorite movies over and over again…etc.).
50. I love Egypt and do not want to move out.
51. Food can shift my mood easily positively or negatively.
52. I do not get hungry, I crave certain foods.
53. When someone tries on purpose to make me curious, I turn into a cold statue.
54. I love reading.
55. I’ve been writing for more than 16 years.
56. I do not like gold or diamonds that much. I love pearls and precious stones (specially the non-opaque ones.)
57. I have around 300+ books. My library critically needs expansion.
58. I am Cancer. But I do not generally believe in signs.
59. I hate being the centre of attention. But I do not like being left behind either.
60. I am a very good car-follower with sensible leaders.
61. I like driving outside Cairo.
62. I do not read newspapers.
63. I am a winter person. I hate summer.
64. I love rains. I love walking in the rains.
65. I intend to have a hammock (erected between two wooden or metal pillars) in my future home.
66. I like soft rock and jazz music. I hate techno. I am not much of a fan of classical music.
67. I do not eat spicy food (my ears itch!)
68. I enjoy being alone.
69. I wish I could have a healthy lifestyle.
70. I do not eat most of the vegetables.
71. I hope I would open a bookshop selling children’s books (yes, like “The Shop Around the Corner”)
72. I started painting a few months ago and intend on keep doing it for a long time.
73. I wish I could teach ethics.
74. I love Milan Kundera and Mohammed El Maghzangy.
75. I have two mobile phones, both are Nokia.
76. I don’t like being fooled. I turn into a shrew with those who fool me.
77. I do not care how people think of me; a sinner or a saint. I’ve been having this attitude since I was 16 years old. I care only for my close family’s opinion and very close friends – in a nutshell, only those who genuinely care for me.
78. I am obsessed with plans. I like to have everything planned for.
79. I do not like change.
80. I grow emotionally attached to my inanimate possessions (keychain, rings, car…etc.)
81. I love animals. I go to the zoo every few months.
82. I hate crowded places.
83. I wish I would give birth to two girls; Helm (dream) and Falak.
84. It hits me when people start an English sentence with small letters.
85. I am positive and proactive and don’t like passive people.
86. I am veiled and proud of it.
87. I question everything and don’t take anything for granted.
88. I am a feminist.
89. I am good in debates, specially written ones.
90. My parents think I am crazy and rebellious because I do not abide by what “society” says we should do.
91. I am addicted to eating in bed. I see it as a way of pampering myself.
92. I can’t cook – with the exception of a very few dishes.
93. I like ballets.
94. I have the habit of reading e-mails from “Sent Items.”
95. I assume good nature in all people till otherwise is proven.
96. I hate uncertainties.
97. I don’t like when people judge Islam with the wrong practice of some people. I don’t like it when people dislike veiled/face-veiled women and bearded men and I consider this a form of racism and not respecting others’ choices. People tolerate bikinis but not veild/face-veils!
98. I fear cats the most.
99. I like vanilla-n-honey, pineapple, and blueberry shower gels.
100. I thought it would be hard talking about myself, but, after all this list, I know I was wrong :)